It doesn’t take much to convince us to try out something new, so when we had found out from NikkieTutorials on Youtube that the Nivea Post Shave Balm was one of her favorite primers we just had to try it out. After trying it out, we thought it was only right if we shared with you our thoughts on it, which is what we’re doing today.
Firstly the the consistency and scent of this is definitely not the same as your typical primer, it has a slightly thick but runny consistency and has quite a masculine smell. The packaging is also in a glass bottle but feels quite high end considering the budget price tag as we had picked this up whist on offer making it less than £3. But when it comes down to it, when using this as a primer it does definitely prolong the wear of makeup and create a nice base which makes it easier to blend other products on top. If your main focus is pores this doesn’t help much to minimize them but it leaves quite a dewy finish, so if you have oily skin this may not be for you though if you do prefer the dewy look than we would definitely recommend this. As it is typically can be found for under a fiver we would say it’s worth trying out as it is quite budget friendly and if you don’t like there’s no harm in giving it to your brother or Dad, at least they’ll make use of it!
What do you think, have you tried the Nivea Post Shave Balm as a primer? Also if you’ve missed any of our Blogmas installments scroll down to catch up!
Love Curls & S x
- Day 1 When you’re lost and can’t find your way back
- Day 2 Bourjous Air mat foundation review
- Day 3 4 new lip
- Day 4 November beauty favs
- Day 5 How we clean our makeup brushes
- Day 6 Kiko haul
- Day 7 5 winter essentials
- Day 8 Gift wrapping essentials
- Day 9 Best places for Christmas shopping
- Day 10 Favourite ways to spend a winters day
- Day 11 Beauty stocking fillers
- Day 12 Barry M highlight and primer review
- Day 13 Winter skincare picks
- Day 14 Winter Foundation Picks
- Day 15 Stocking fillers for men
- Day 16 Affordable gift ideas
- Day 17 Blogmas Burnout
- Day 18 gift ideas for non beauty lovers
- Day 19 A ‘Simple’ Skincare Routine